Deactivating Hulu Services
A lot of people might not know this but Hulu automatically renews your subscription when the time is due, and countless people have been caught unaware by Hulu’s subscription charges. The worst part of it is that you might not receive a warning before getting charged, so you have to take note of your subscription date and when it will be due.
There are two primary ways to deactivate Hulu services.
1. Cancel Hulu subscription. This option cancels or stops the next subscription by Hulu.
2. Delete Hulu Account. Permanently deletes your Hulu account and you will no longer be able to use Hulu services.
To avoid Hulu subscription charges that you might not be prepared to make, follow this guide to successfully stop or deactivate Hulu services.
READ ALSO: Create a Hulu Account
Using the Free Trial
If you have used the free trial and Hulu isn’t just what you expected or you are not ready to pay just yet, you can cancel your subscription before the trial ends. However, if you choose not to cancel your subscription and your trial expires, you will be automatically charged for subscription renewal. Remember, the only way you can fully register on Hulu is by providing your credit account details in the first place.
Also, If you do choose to cancel during the free trial, I will advise that you cancel when your trial is almost expired (preferably on the 7th day of the trial). Because canceling at any period during the free trial immediately stops access to Hulu services.
However, in the case of canceling a subscription after trial, you can continue using Hulu services till your current subscription expires. It simply won’t renew your next subscription.
Without wasting much time, let us get to it.
How to cancel Hulu subscription | Deactivate Hulu
There are two ways to cancel Hulu subscription, you can cancel via the web by visiting hulu.com or you can cancel via the iTunes store. Canceling your Hulu account is very easy and it doesn’t take much time depending on the steps you choose to follow. To cancel follow the steps below;
Canceling via the web (hulu.com)
- On your web browser, either mobile or PC, visit hulu.com/account or simply click here.
- Sign in to your Hulu account if the option comes up. In the subscription section, click on ‘cancel subscription’ to cancel your subscription.
- Finally, follow the onscreen prompts to confirm the cancellation. You will receive an email stating ‘that your Hulu subscription has been canceled’.
Canceling via iTunes Store
- Visit the iTunes store by clicking here, and use your Apple id details to log in.
- Go to the settings tab and click on ‘manage’.
- In the next page, you will see an option ‘automatic renewal’, select ‘off’ to disable or cancel your next subscription.
Note: Once you cancel your Hulu subscription, you will continue to have access to Hulu until your current subscription expires. But in the case of free trial, your current subscription stops immediately you cancel your subscription.
How to Delete Hulu Account | Deactivate Hulu
By deleting your Hulu account, you will no longer have access to Hulu services. So, be sure that your Hulu subscription is almost expired before deleting.
To delete your Hulu account, follow the steps below;
- Visit the Hulu Account page or click here for faster access and sign in.
- In the personal page, click on ‘update personal info’.
- Click on ‘delete my free Hulu account’.
- In the delete page, provide your current password to confirm you are the owner of the account.
- In accordance to the questions asked ‘if you really want to delete your free Hulu account, click ‘Yes delete my account’ and your Hulu account will be deleted completely.
Note: Deleting your Hulu account immediately suspend all Hulu services while Cancelling your Hulu subscription suspend your next subscription.