How to Delete Twitter Account
Quite a lot of people have become so obsessed with Twitter that they often neglect other things. Sometimes, they even get so into this world of social networking that they forget there is a real world out there. Some of these high twitter users get to realize that they are getting too into this social networking that they decide to quit it, either for some time or forever. Well, if you have decided to quit this social network called Twitter, for whatever reason, and still do not know how to go about it, do not worry, for you are at the right place, where you will get all the necessary information.
Disabling your Twitter account
If you have decided to lay your twitter account to rest, then you are open to two options:
- Deactivating your account
- Permanently deleting your Twitter account
Deactivate Twitter account
It is essential for you to know that deactivating your twitter makes it at least 30 days away from being deleted permanently. That is, you will only be allowed 30 days of deactivation, after which your twitter account deletion process will commence unless you have got a deal with Twitter to extend the deactivation period.
It will only take few minutes to deactivate Twitter account or to be removed after deactivation. However, other Twitter users will still be able to view your content for few days.
How to deactivate Twitter account
If you are really head bent on deactivating your account, then follow these steps:
- Navigate to www.twitter.com on the web. The official page of Twitter will now open, where the “login” link is located at the top right corner.
- Click the “login” button and it will pop up the Twitter “login” tab
- Type in your username and password
- Click the “login” button, just below the password field. This action will take you to your Twitter page.
- Click on “profile and settings” icon, which most of the time has your picture, to bring out options
- Click “settings and privacy” option to take you to the settings page.
- Scroll down to locate the “deactivate my account” link at the bottom of the page
- Click the link “deactivate my account” to take you to the deactivation page
- Read through the account deactivation information and click “ok, fine deactivate account”
- You will prompt to re-enter your password and to verify that you want to deactivate your account.
And there you have it. Congratulations! You have just deactivated your Twitter account. Well, At least, for now.
Do keep in mind that during this deactivation period, you will not be allowed to use the username or email of your deactivated account to initiate any new sign up for a new account on Twitter. To make use of the username or email tied to your deactivated account, in signing up for a new Twitter account, you will have to wait till after 30 days. Your deactivated account can always be reactivated during these 30 days by logging into your Twitter account.
Note: You cannot deactivate your Twitter from your mobile device, so you are advised to deactivate it by navigating to www.twitter.com on the web.
Permanently deleting your Twitter account
To permanently delete your Twitter account, all you have to do is deactivate your account. Funny, right? It is like I hear someone say “what is the difference between those two” hey! hey!, easy Tiger! You will get pretty informed real soon. The deactivation of your Twitter account last for only 30 days, after which Twitter will start the deletion process of your account. Twitter start flushing out your data to a point where you become twitter less like those who have never been on Twitter.
So, take your time to decide if you really want to have your twitter account’s head on a spike.
How to permanently delete your Twitter account | How to Delete twitter account
Decided to permanently delete your Twitter account? If yes, follow these steps:
- On the web, go to Twitter’s official page at www.twitter.com
- Click the “login” at the upper right corner of the page to bring out the login tab
- Type in your username and password.
- Click the “login” button to take you to your Twitter page
- On your Twitter page, click the “profile and settings” icon, which most of the time has picture on it, to bring out options
- Click the” settings and privacy” option to take you to your account settings page
- Scroll down your account setting to locate the “deactivate my account” link
- Click the “deactivate my account” link to take the deactivation page.
- On the deactivation page, read through the account deactivation information and then click the deactivate button
- It will prompt you to re-enter your password and to verify your deactivation action. Then verify.
- Stay away from your twitter account for at least 30 days, do not log in for any reason during the 30 days, else you will be back to Twitter in no time.
Downloading your Twitter archive
Before deleting your Twitter account you might want to retrieve your data from Twitter. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to Twitter official site at www.twitter.com on a web
- Click the “login” button at the top right corner of the Twitter’s official page to pop up the login tab
- On the login tab, type in your username and password, then, click the “login” below the username and password. This will open your Twitter account page
- Click the “profile and settings” at the upper right corner of your Twitter account page to bring out options
- Click the “settings and privacy” option to take you to your account settings page
- Scroll down to locate the “request your archive” button
- Click the “request your archive” button
- You will then receive a notification on your email telling you to be patient while they process your request
- A link will be sent to your email in response to your request
- Click the link to download your archive
Do you have to disable your Twitter Account?
Sometimes, you feel you do not have a choice than to disable your twitter. Well, probably, you do. If the reason you want to disable your twitter account is that you do not know how to change your username or email address, I can tell you it is not necessary. You can always change your email address or password by following these steps:
- Go to the Twitter website at www.twitter.com
- At the top right corner of the Twitter website, click the “login” button. This will bring out the login page
- At the login page, type in your username and password, and click login. This action will take you to your twitter account page
- Click the “profile and settings” at the top right corner of your Twitter account page to bring out options
- Click the “settings and privacy” option to take to your account settings page
- If you want to change your username, fill in your new username on the username field and if you want to change your email address, fill in your new email address on the email field.
- Scroll down to locate the highlighted “save changes” button.
- Click the “save changes” button and you are done.
Deactivating or permanently deleting your Twitter account is pretty easy to do. Follow the steps I have laid out in this article to get it done.
Searches Related to How to Delete Twitter Account
- delete twitter
- tweet delete
- delete my twitter account
- deactivate twitter
- how can I delete my twitter account
- remove twitter account
- close twitter account
- how to delete twitter account
- delete twitter account link
- delete twitter account permanently link