This article will give you an insight on how to deactivate and delete Facebook account. Facebook is one of the social networks which boast of millions of users, but is it really for everyone? You might have gotten fed up with it, or you could want to clear yourself of the so many requests and various invites you have been receiving. Whatever the reason is, you must have had it with it. So, the question that could be running through your mind is, “how do you break yourself off this Facebook hook”. Well, fret not, because you are the right place, where you will get the much-needed information.
There are two ways you can break yourself off the claws of Facebook:
- By permanently deleting your Facebook account
- By deactivating your Facebook account
However, it is advised that whenever you want to break off from Facebook, you should always think of whether you would want to come back to it or not.
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account implies that you will be able to come back to it whenever you want. This will put a halt to your account: your account will be temporarily removed from the Facebook site, and most of what you have posted will also be removed. However, your messages and other things will still remain intact, as Facebook will be keeping your data, should you decide to come back. With this, you will be able to come back to your Facebook account later by logging into it. Should you decide to deactivate your Facebook account, here are the steps you should follow.
- First, log into your Facebook account at www.facebook.com by typing in the required email or number and password. Your Facebook profile page will open, with a downward arrow icon situated at the upper –right corner of the page.
- Now, click this downward arrow icon and this will bring out some options.
- Next, click settings menu, and then a page will open, with some options at the left column of the page.
- Click the “general” tab in the left column of the page to bring out the general account settings
- Down the general account setting lays the “manage account” option.
- Click on the “manage account” option to bring out more options.
- Scroll down the “manage account” options to locate the “deactivate your account” option.
- Once you are there, click the blue colored link “deactivate your account” at the bottom of the page.
- Facebook will try to persuade you into staying connected with Facebook by showing you some pictures of your Facebook friend. They will also ask you to give reasons why you want to deactivate your account and to further explain those reasons.
- Now, click the confirm button. You will be prompted to enter your password one last time, and then Facebook will proceed to deactivate your Facebook account.
READ ALSO: how to hide your facebook online chat status
Should you decide to reactivate your Facebook account, you can always do that by logging in with your email and password at www.facbook.com. You should keep in mind that whenever you use your Facebook account logging details to logging anywhere, your account will automatically be reactivated. That is, your friends, post, and photos will automatically be restored.
Note: You will require access to the email you use for logging into your Facebook account to reactivate your account.
How to Permanently Delete your Facebook Account
Unlike deactivation of Facebook account, when you permanently delete Facebook account, you will never be able to reactivate or retrieve any of the information you have added. Having decided to permanently delete Facebook account, you might want to download your Facebook archive first. This is the collection of photos, videos, and post you have shared, chat conversations and messages. So, here is how you can download this archive:
- Logging into www.facebook.com.
- Click the down arrow icon at the upper right corner of your Facebook page.
- Click the “settings” option. This will direct you automatically to the general account settings
- Down the general account settings is the “download a copy” link, which will enable you to copy your Facebook data. This service will further guide you to downloading your Facebook data.
READ ALSO: tidal service – tidal app
Easily Deleting your Facebook Account | Delete Facebook
The Facebook company has not made the deleting of your Facebook account as easy as deactivating it. But that does not make the possibility of deleting your Facebook account easily, impossible.
The Facebook deleting link seems to have been buried somewhere on the site, but the easiest way to delete your Facebook account is either by typing “delete Facebook account” on Google or using the link, “http://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account “.
- Clicking the link will direct you to Facebook where you will be asked to logging. This logging will direct you to the “delete my account” page. Then click “confirm” to process the deleting. You will be asked to re-enter your password and answer a question to prove that you are human.
- Lastly, click ok.
- Facebook will send an email to you confirming your deletion of your Facebook account. If you do not see the email in your inbox, it could be in the junk folder. The email is just to confirm that the deletion process has started.
How long will it take for Facebook Account to be Deleted?
Deleting your Facebook account means people will not be able to see it on Facebook. It may take up to 90 days for your account to be fully deleted. This 90 days’ timeframe starts counting from the time the deletion process started. While the deleting process is ongoing within this timeframe, other people on Facebook will not be able to access your Facebook information.
NOTE: During the time your Facebook is being deleted, you should not log into your Facebook account or into any app that connects to your Facebook, else, your account will be reactivated and you will be back to square one.