Saving attachments like documents, pictures and more are very easy to do on Google drive. Most people believe that by simply having an attachment in their Gmail account means that it has been saved, either on draft, inboxes or sent messages.
I have seen a lot of people checking inbox messages or sent messages just to access file attachments. This shouldn’t be. To truly save attachments, you have to save to your Gmail drive.
What if you or somebody mistakingly wipe out the messages that contain the attachments, what next? You will automatically lose all the file attachments in the email. If you are finding it difficult to save file attachments to Google Drive, this article will guide you on how to do so.
Basically, to save file attachments in a Gmail account to Google Drive, all you have to do is create folders in the Google drive and save your file attachments there. Creating folders is optional, you can do that just to make your files easy to get or well organized.
Also even if you have saved to a specific folder and you want to move it to another, you can do that.
How to Save Gmail Attachments to Google Drive
Follow the steps below to save file attachments in an email to Google Drive account.
- Hover your cursor over an attachment you want to save to your Gmail drive.
- Select the “save to drive icon”. You can as well save all file attachments in an email at once. To do this, select the ‘Save all to Drive’ icon, which can be found at the top of the attachments area.
To move or save an attachment to a particular folder, select the ‘Move to’ under ‘save to drive’ and locate the specific folder.
- Note that you can create subfolders inside the main folders and even save the file attachments there.
- Once you are done with all the steps (Moving files to folders), click ‘Done’ to save the changes.
How to Create Folders in Google Drive
- In the Google Drive, click on “New” button and select the “Folder” option.
- Enter the name of your folder in the dialogue box and click on “Save”.
- Note that to view your folders, you may have to click on the “My Drive” option located on the left-hand side of the page.
How to Open a Saved File Attachment on Google Drive
- Locate the saved file attachment on the Google Drive.
- Hover your cursor over it and select the ‘Show in Drive icon’.
- Next, Select the document to open it.
You can also read how to recover deleted messages from your Gmail account.