Almost every internet user likes using social media, especially the chat features associated with it. But in some cases, this happy feeling in using the chat features of social medias can be irritating and sometimes annoying. Why is that? Some people might drop chat messages anytime you go online, and you probably have other things to do on the internet besides chatting.
It is somewhat difficult to hide your online status on some social medias. But today, I’m going to show you how to hide your facebook online chat status.
Facebook is the most popular social media platform on the internet, almost every internet user has an account on Facebook. This particular platform has lots of features that you can use, and one important feature that most people use on Facebook is its chat feature.
A lot of people like using the chat feature but they don’t know how to turn it off. Most people will probably log out of Facebook just to go offline in the chat. However, you can turn off the chat feature and still be able to do other things on Facebook.
So, Is there that one particular person that keeps disturbing you anytime you come online? or do you generally don’t want your friends to see you as offline on facebook? if so, you can hide your online status on facebook.
How to turn off Facebook Chat Status Via Web
To turn off facebook online chat status, follow the steps below;
- Login to facebook using a web browser.
- Click on the chat icon at the bottom right corner to display a list of friends online.
- Click on the gear icon at the top of the list.
- From the next page displayed, click on the advanced settings.
- Next, you will see 3 options to turn off chat, with each having different turn off changes.
- Turn off chat for all friends. Selecting this option will automatically turn off your online chat status to offline and everybody on your facebook list will perceive you as offline.
- Turn off chat for all friends except. This option turns off online chat status to everybody on your facebook list and gives you the option to exclude some friends. The excluded friends will be able to see you online if you are online.
- Turn off chat for only some friends. Selecting this option will turn off chat for some selected friends in your facebook list. If there is a particular person you don’t want to know that you are online, you can add him here individually without compromising your chat status to your other friends.
With the above-listed turn off chat features, you can hide your online status from everybody or some selected friends in your facebook list.
Finally, you can also turn off the chat feature in facebook messenger, but the only difference is that facebook messenger only allows you to completely turn off your chat online status to everybody.
How to turn Off Online chat status via Messenger
To turn off online chat status using messenger, follow the step below;
- Click to open your app messenger.
- Tap the menu grid-like icon.
- Click the Active option.
- Finally, click the chat status to turn Off the chat.
Of course, when you turn off online status with facebook messenger, you won’t also be able to see your online friends status. However, messages will still be delivered if you are offline, but the people you chose to hide from won’t be able to see that.