What is Hulu?
Hulu is a video streaming service that offers a premium online TV show and full-length movies. The service offered is not free but requires a cheap monthly subscription that gives you total access to all their services.
In the past, Hulu offered free and paid services, with the free service limited to a certain amount of content and only accessible on PC, but that changed probably due to its large number of users.
Hulu has a large database. Recent or old TV shows and movies that you might not find on other sites, it is very likely you will get them on Hulu. This is mostly due to the resources at their disposal, and backings it receives from other top media companies. The companies they are in a joint company includes ‘The Walt Disney Company’, 21st Century Fox, Comcast, and ‘Time Warner’ which entered the partnership on August 10, 2016.
Hulu has earned its place among the top spot in online visual media, going head to head with Netflix.
Benefits Of Using Hulu Services
- Quick Updates on TV Series. If you like watching television series, then you will enjoy Hulu services. Hulu mains focus is on the TV series and compared to other streaming sites, their database is always updated first. If you are looking for any classic tv series like ‘The honeymoons’ or ‘Doctor who’, that you might not find anywhere else, then chances are you will find it on Hulu. Also new and upcoming TV series, the likes of ‘The Defenders’ or ‘Krypton’ will be available on Hulu first.
- Cheap Subscription. Even though the service is not free, the subscription rate is not too high for the services you are going to get.
- Trial Before Subscription. you are offered a one-week free trial before purchasing on hulu.com for a new member. This comes in handy to know the services you are getting.
- Supports on various devices. Hulu is supported on various device platforms like Computer, mobile phones including ps3 and ps4 consoles and more.
How To Create an Account | Sign Up on Hulu.com
To enjoy Hulu services, you first need to create an account.
Note: When you create an account for the first time on hulu.com, you will be offered a free trial. When the trial expires, it will automatically roll over, so be sure to cancel before the 8th day.
To subscribe you will be charged $7.99/month. But to enjoy Hulu with no commercials add-on, you might choose to pay an additional $4.00/month.
Follow the steps below, to create an account on hulu.com
- From your browser, visit the official page of Hulu by clicking here.
- If it’s the first time you are creating an account, you will see ‘Get one month free trial’ on the homepage. Simply click on it. But if you have used the trial before it won’t be there, though the sign-up process is still the same.
- Next, you will be asked to select your monthly plan, which is the inclusion of commercials or not. Kindly select the plan you want.
- In the next page, you will be required to input your personal details. You can also create the account with facebook for faster sign up process. Otherwise, enter your valid email and make sure you have access to it because it will be used for the confirmation of your account. Input your password, your name, gender, and date of birth. Click ‘continue’ to continue with the sign-up process.
- Finally, in the 3rd stage, you will have to input your credit card details. Not to worry, you won’t be charged immediately until your trial expires. So be sure to cancel before it expires if you don’t want to be charged by the system and if you don’t want to use the service just yet.
- Click ‘Submit’. You now have a Hulu account on hulu.com
What You need in order to Watch TV Series on Hulu.com
After creating an account which is the primary need, you can now go ahead to watch movies. Below is a list of things you need to have access to before you can watch movies on hulu.com
- A Device. You need to have a device that is internet supported and can use Hulu services. It could be a computer, mobile device, smart TV with internet access, including PS3 or PS4 and much more. To see a full list of the supported device for Hulu check here.
- Internet Service. You must have access to good internet service. Hulu.com recommends a Download speed of 1.5Mbps for standard definition videos and 3Mbps for HD videos in order to stream without breaking.