Changing IMEI In Android Phones
Different phone products offer various services and use of application or software in different ways. Dependent on the phones IMEI, some phone application or software usage may be limited to the type of phone you use.
You might want to subscribe to a special offer from your service provider but may be ineligible because of the type of phone you use and other factors. Hence, the reason why people change their Android IMEI.
What Is IMEI?
IMEI stands for ‘international mobile equipment identity’. It is a unique code that shows the identity of your phone.
Every phone has a unique IMEI number that identifies the phone. But just like the advantages it offers (in terms of recovery from theft and more), it also has its disadvantages; It limits some services you may want to access on your phone.
I have seen a lot of complaints on changing android IMEI for unrooted phones, most people even believe that to change your IMEI number your phone have to be rooted but no! you can as well change for an unrooted phone as well.
To have to total administrative access to your phone, or there is something that requires you to change your IMEI, follow this tutorial in changing your phone android IMEI.
So let us get started.
There are different ways of changing android devices IMEI using various types of applications and tools, but one of the most efficient ways to change your IMEI safely is to use ‘mobile uncle app’ or ‘mtk engineering tool’. Both are available in the playstore, they both have the same interface when using it to change imei so it doesn’t matter which you go for.
How To Change IMEI of Android Phones
Lets see the compatible android devices that mobile uncle tools and mtk engineering work on;
- Mtk6589 device
- Mtk6582 device
- MTK65XX devices
- Quad Core Mediatek phones
- Octa Core MediaTek phones
For this tutorial, I’m going to use mtk engineering. (no difference in the interface). You can download ‘mtk engineering tool’ from the playstore or by clicking here.
- So launch the app, then click on ‘mtk settings’ then swipe your fingers to the left to scroll to right and going to ‘Connectivity Tab’.
- Click on the ‘CDS Information’, under it, you will see ‘Radio Information’ click on >> Phone 1 or Phone 2 (This simply means Sim 1 or Sim 2, whichever you want to change the IMEI number).
- Now you can see an AT+ written at the top, tap the end and depending on your sim.
- This is for rooted phones only; add the line: EGMR=1,7,”NEW SIM 1 IMEI” or EGMR=1,10,”NEW SIM 2 IMEI” and click on the ‘send Command’ option.
- For a unrooted device, all you have to simply do is put a space between the + and E. Example AT+ EGMR=1,7,”NEW SIM 1 IMEI” or AT+ EGMR=1,10,”NEW SIM 2 IMEI”. Notice the space between the + sign and EGMR. IF you have done that, simply click on the send Command button.
- Finally, restart your phone or turn on and off the ‘airplane mode’ for the settings to take effect.
How To Check IMEI Code
To check your new IMEI code after changing, simply dial *#06# and the code will be displayed.
Congrats, you’ve successfully changed your android phones IMEI!