Hardly do you see people use their phone inbuilt media player anymore, they prefer to use other 3rd party apps in watching or streaming videos. MX Player is one of such apps.
Mx Player is a media player for watching and streaming videos, developed by J2 Interactive. It has advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle supports.
There are a lot of media players out there that rivals Mx Player, some of which include; Mobo Player, VLC Player, Real Player e.t.c. But still MX Player have thrived despite the numerous competitors. It has over a 100 million downloads on the Playstore which is a good number and an excellent user review. So what makes MX Player standout from the rest? Keep reading and you will just find out what makes it so.
MX Player Features And Properties
MX Player comes with different types of codec and video formats, some of which includes; 3gp, Avi, DivX, f4v, Flv, Mkv, mp4, MPEG, MOV, VOB, WMV, WebM, XviD, and more. Below are additional features in the latest update of MX Player as at December 2016;
- Hardware Acceleration; Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
- Multicore Coding; It is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
- Zoom and Pan: Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan are also available by option.
- Subtitle Gestures: Scroll forward or backward to move to next or previous text, Up or down to move text up and down, Zoom in and out to change text size.
- Kids Lock: Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required).
Why Use MX Player
- It allows you to watch videos on your Android device, with support for many common codecs such as H.264 and H.265.
- MX Player has extensive codec support, which enables you to watch/play any video from older DivX and XviD formats to modern H.265 HEVC videos with support for even 4K resolutions.
- It also enables you to watch/play movies and video clips with ease. It features multi-core and hardware decoding, which has better performance and gives a better battery usage than software decoding.
- Playback features like subtitle scroll and zooming ensure that your viewing experience is perfectly suited to your needs.
- Subtitles integrate easily into MX Player and the view adapts well to the video you are watching.
How To Download MX Player
You can MX Player from Playstore for free. You can as well download from other 3rd party markets but I won’t recommend this because you may not get the latest version of the app, besides that you may download a fake app with virus which could damage your phone or steal your phone data internally.
To download visit the playstore and search for MX Player and download or you can simply download it from here which is the playstore
How To Play Videos On Mx Player
MX Player does a frequent scan of your phone and SD card storage for supported videos it can play. So your videos will be available to watch on the app itself. However, if you have videos in an encrypted folder, you may want to go there and play it yourself.
- MX Player supports on-screen gestures. Swiping to the left from the center of the screen will rewind the video and swiping to the right will forward the video.
- From the left-hand side, swiping up from the bottom of the screen will increase the video brightness and vice versa.
- From the right-hand side, swiping up from the bottom of the screen will increase the sound volume and vice versa.
There are other functions you can do with MX Player. You can access more functions by clicking on the options at the right-hand corner.
- Play: In the play option you can set how you want the ‘Playback’ to behave. This includes background play, loop settings, shuffle, and network stream.
- Display: You can change the screen rotation here, zoom the video and chose the aspect ratio that suits you best.
- Subtitle: You can add your downloaded subtitles from here and also set it on how you want it to display.
- Tools: The tool option allows you to edit the file properties. You can delete the video file, rename it and more.
- Help: Just like the name implies, if you have any reports to make, check for updates, or would like to know more, this is the place you will access