Every new year, people all over the world make new year resolutions, but how many of them actually go ahead to see it through? Maybe a few. New year resolutions are very easy to make but hard to maintain. Why not make a resolution this new year and go about achieving it. Keep reading to learn and know how to implement your new year resolution.
What Are New Year Resolutions?
New year resolution is a yearly plan (at the beginning of the year) people make to improve their self or achieve a set of goals laid out by them. For some people, to uphold the task, they write the goals in a calendar or diary.
But a lot of people fail in achieving this task or completing these goals mostly because their resolve was not strong enough, to begin with.
New Year Resolution Fails And Mistakes
Most common mistakes people make while making a new year resolution is not setting their goals right. To achieve a successful new year resolution, make sure you really want it. It should be realistic and something you have had in mind before.
Your new year resolution should not be too ambiguous. And the best way to know the goals to write out or achieve is by identifying your weakness. Once you have identified your weakness, you can now go about planning goals to remove those weaknesses.
Some other reasons why people may fail to achieve their goals are;
- They get carried away by all the festive enjoyment and celebration at the beginning of the new year.
- Not making a full resolve in achieving the goals set in the first place.
- Unforeseen activities may interfere with your plans and with time, you will forget all the new year resolutions.
- The most important reason why people forget the new year resolution is laziness. Being lazy makes you lose resolve in completing a task.
How To Achieve A Successful New Year Resolution
Achieving a successful new year resolution may be difficult but by making a resolve to follow these steps, you will achieve the goals or new year resolution you have planned.
- Be Committed. This is probably the most important in the list. Commitment is very necessary to achieve your goals, without it, you will have a weak resolution and with time, everything will crumble. You can bolster your resolution by writing on a paper which shows how committed you are with it. Don’t wait until the last minute before you start planning your goals.
- Be Realistic. Make your new year resolution a simple one and something you know you can actually achieve. For a more successful new year resolution, plan for something that actually improves you.
- Write Out Your Plans. writing out things you intend to do gives a little boost in actually going about to do it. Getting a diary is more preferable, as you will see it very often and it will be a constant reminder for your new year resolution.
- Work On Your Habits. Improving your good habits and eliminating the bad ones gives you a greater focus on achieving your goals. A bad habit that kills most peoples resolve when setting a new year resolution is laziness. You can choose not to be lazy by not making yourself idle but finding something to do.
- Organize Yourself And Working Environment. Having items not in place or scattered distort our thinking. If your environment is not organized, how then can you organize the thoughts in the head? It is very important that your environment is clean and things are in order. Only then can you go to achieving your resolution.
- Be Focused. Do not get carried away by all the excitement before the new year and just immediately the new year begins. While engaged in festive activities always keep a clear head.
- Goals Structure. When planning for a new year resolution, it is good to follow a scale of preference. Start by achieving the simplest task, then you work your way to the complex. If you simply decide not to have it all planned out, you may not achieve anything at the end.