Outlook Mail is an online email service owned by Microsoft Inc, with its web portal as www.outlook.com. It is an upgraded brand from Hotmail, which was replaced with outlook.com in 2013.
Aside from accessing the web portal, the app is only accessible on the windows OS platform. Although the App have also been made available for Android and IOS smartphones, It runs better and smoother on the windows OS platform.
Users of Outlook.com can synchronize their Outlook data in mobile formats or have multiple accounts synced to their devices. In Outlook.com you have access to almost unlimited storage which enables you to save or send files pictures, videos, audio and more, with the option of sending unlimited emails as well. One major focus in outlook.com is its Calendar, which has unique features. You can update an event with a date and also share it online with friends and family.
Outlook.com has grown tremendously, over the past 3 years since its inception. The features and services they offer look great and that’s what has placed them among the top major email service providers.
Outlook Mail Features for PC/Laptops and MAC OS
Some of the features you will see on the homepage when you access www.outlook.com includes;
- Note taking
- Contact Manager
Outlook.com gives you total storage space for storing your files and sending unlimited email.
Sending videos and pictures online via outlook is smooth and fast.
You can create and edit calendars, adding ‘to do list’ and other awesome features you can do with it.
As a Developer, you can create apps for it using a Visual editor.
After editing calendars you can publish them online, send to friends and take snapshots of it depending on the one that interests you.
You can save your worked upon calendar in PDF and XPS format.
You can add a “to do list” or “task manager” where you can assign work with time just like Evernote.
Outlook Mail Sign Up | How to Sign Up at Outlook.com
- To sign up, go to www.outlook.com which is the Web homepage of Outlook Mail.
- On the homepage, click on ‘sign up’ link to create an account.
- You will be redirected to a ‘create an account page’ where you expected to fill in your detail.
- In the details form, the first on the list is to input your ‘first’ and ‘last’ name. Also chose any username you like, for example; email@example.com.
- After chosen your username, chose between @outlook.com or @hotmail.com.
- Now enter a password and retype it for the system to confirm that there was no mistake in the password you’ve entered ( I suggest you enter a very strong password, one mixed with letters and numbers, and you can easily remember).
- Select your residential country and enter your phone number in the next box.
- Finally, enter the CAPTCHA code you see and click on ‘Create an Account’ button.
Congratulations, you now have an outlook mail account and you can sign in.
Outlook Mail Sign In | outlook.com Login | www.outlook.com
The best part in outlook mail is to have an account and in order to enjoy and use their essential features, you need to log in. Some of the features you get to use in outlook.com includes; chats with your contacts that also have outlook account, sending of files with large size, sending and receiving mail messages, create a Skype account with ease and lots more. To login to your outlook mail, follow the steps below.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft Outlook by clicking here
- On the home page, click on the ‘sign in’ button at the top right corner of the page.
- Next, enter your login details which are the username and password you used during registration.
- Finally, click on the ‘sign in’ button and you will be automatically logged in.