Recover Deleted Emails. Sometimes we delete emails that are no longer important to us, only to realize that we are not done with it yet and still have use for it. Deleting an email may not be intentional, as the system itself can move some of your less important emails to the junk folder. Other times it simply disappears.
Be sure you are completely done with a mail before deleting as the recovery may not always work. In Gmail account, you have the ability to recover your permanently deleted emails and I will show you how you can recover them in this tutorial.
When you move messages to the trash folder, by clicking delete either intentionally or mistakingly and it is less than 30 days you can recover it back. That is if you have not deleted it permanently, in Gmail accounts you can always recover it back.
How to Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail
There are two ways you can recover your email which is; if you have left in the trash bin or you have totally deleted it.
Also, it appears that google automatically deletes emails in the trash after 30 days. If you have not intentionally deleted it, you can recover it by contacting google support. I will discuss how you can do this as well.
Recovering From Trash
If you have your messages moved to the trash folder, kindly move the deleted mail out of the trash.
- Login to your Gmail account or click here for quick access.
- At the left-hand side of your homepage after login in, Click ‘Trash’. If you don’t see it at the left-hand side of the page, Goto Settings > Labels, and click show next to the Trash label.
- Go through the messages and select the one you will like to recover from the trash bin. Click the box next to the sender’s name.
- Click on the ‘move to icon’ located at the top of the page.
- And you will recover deleted emails and the messages from your trash bin will now be available in your Gmail inbox
Recovering Permanently Deleted Email
Email or messages permanently deleted by you is not recoverable. However, if google deletes your mail or you simplify find out that you can’t find a message that you use to be in your mailbox, you can still recover it. To do this, you need to contact the Google support team and tell them to find your missing email. Google has provided an online form to handle such request, so to go about it follow the guide below.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the ‘missing email report page’ or click here.
- A form will be provided to you, which you have to fill in order to recover your deleted emails. Since you are already logged in to Gmail account, the form will automatically recognize that you want to recover email with that particular account.
- Indicate the date you discovered that your email went missing.
- Describe a brief description of your problem. Also, you can describe how you want to recover deleted emails.
- Click ‘Submit’.
Within an hour or two, you will get a response via email from google support stating if the email was recovered or not. If it was recoverable, you will recover deleted emails your inbox or trash folder of your Gmail account.
Note: Don’t reply the sent message from the support team, as the message is sent by an automated system. Nobody will read the reply.
Again, you can recover deleted emails if it is not done intentionally. Google mail empties your trash folder after 30 days, but you can always request for the deleted emails by filling the online form.
Search Engine Terms
Here are some search engine terms that relates to the topic.
- recover deleted files
- undelete files
- restore deleted files
- how to recover deleted files
- recovery file
- deleted file recovery
Hope this post has been very helpful. Don’t forget to share