In this age, it has become a norm to make or receive lots of calls on a daily basis. Most of these calls can arise from people or companies trying to reach out to a client, or from family and friends.
Some of these calls may be unwanted calls or spam, and you won’t know it until you pick. To know who is calling you, True Software Scandinavia AB created an app called Truecaller. This app helps to identify who is calling you, block unwanted calls, and much more.
Truecaller is an app for phone devices that shows you who is calling even if the number is not registered in your phonebook. It gives you the option of blocking unwanted calls and knowing the relevant calls that come into your phone.
Truecaller also helps the user to search for public listed phone numbers available in over 25 countries including the United States and Canada.
Features of TrueCaller App
The Truecaller App has 2 basic features which include;
- the Call Filter
- Search and Update PhoneBook
The Call Filter
This feature on true caller identifies numbers that have been identified as spam by other users. The records are saved in TrueCaller database and when a call comes in, truecaller will notify you the name of the caller and also shows you if its a spam call. Mere seeing this, you can ignore any unwanted calls and also know the person who is calling you even if it is not saved in your phonebook.
Search and Update PhoneBook
You can use the search feature to look up a name in truecaller by searching for a known number. If the number has been identified by a truecaller user and it has a name, the result will be displayed to you. After getting the contact info, you can save the contact to your phonebook.
Other features of the truecaller app include.
- Name Identifier. When a call comes in, truecaller is able to check the name of the caller if it is not saved in your phonebook. Note: for this function to work, your device must be 3g enabled or connected to a wifi network.
- Ability to detect if the caller is on the phone. If a Truecaller user is on another call, you will be notified of it before the call goes in.
- Mute Feature. Truecaller is able to notify you if a truecaller user has his phone on silent. This option tells you why the user on the other side may not pick your call.
- Call block feature. You can blacklist any unwanted calls on truecaller. Also, any caller that has been identified by other users as spam calls will be shown to you. You can use the feature to avert any unwanted calls.
- Basic Profile Display. Truecaller app can show you profiles of other users when receiving calls including their profile picture, names, email address and more.
In summary, Truecaller app is quite efficient and good in identifying callers profile even when it is not registered in your phone address book. The app has essential features for blocking unwanted calls and getting full user profile.