Undo A Sent Email
Sometimes, we mistakenly send an incomplete mail or the wrong mail. It could be as a result of haste, which may result in wrong spelling, wrong attachment or other reasons. A sudden rush of regrets and disappoint comes in and we wish we could take it back and correct it. If you happen to be in such condition when using Gmail services, do not panic as there is a way to undo a sent email in gmail.com
Gmail comes with an undo feature buried inside its google lab settings, which is your only saving grace when you find yourself in such situation. It gives you a time span of 30 seconds to undo or retract the message you have sent.
Why You Should Have The Undo Option Enabled
Despite the fact that Gmail is the most used email service in the world, a lot of people don’t use the retract button. More importantly, they do not have it enabled on their Gmail account.
I have had the opportunity of seeing sent messages on my friends Gmail accounts. In the info ‘your message has been sent’, I don’t see any option to ‘undo’ the sent messages. I asked them why don’t they enable it but the response I get from them and other people is that they don’t know Gmail has a retract button. And I suppose a lot of people are not aware of this either. Hence the reason for this tutorial.
Why you should have the undo option enabled in your Gmail account are as follows.
- The major reason being that your message was not complete in the first place or there was a mistake and the need for you to retract your sent messages arises.
- Enabling the option to retract your sent messages is easy. You can also set it up in a couple of minutes.
- You never know when you may need it. And by the time you try to make changes in your sent mail, it won’t be possible because it is not enabled in your account
So if this post interest you, then it means you already have a Gmail account. Follow the guide below to learn how to retract your sent email or messages in Gmail account.
How To Undo A Sent Email In Gmail | Tutorial
You can only undo a sent email in Gmail if you have enabled the undo feature in Gmail. So follow the steps below to enable the undo feature.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of the page and select ‘settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop down settings, select ‘tab’ in the categories.
- Among the options listed, at the very bottom of the page, you will see ‘Undo Send’. Just enable it and the tool option to retract will be added to your account.
- Click on save for the changes to take effect.
- Now, when you send an email the yellow box that displays ‘your mail has been sent’ will also give you the option to undo the sent messages. Just click on it for the email to be retracted back.
Note: By default, you only have a time limit of 10 seconds but you can change it.
- Goto settings, click on General, then ‘Undo send’ and select a cancellation period of 30 seconds.
- You are now given a time span of 30 seconds to undo or retract any email sent.
You can quickly correct your mistakes or errors after sending. This feature is very awesome, and it is one of the reasons that makes Gmail the best email service provider in the world.
Also, you don’t have to wait for a mistake in sending a mail. You can quickly give it a trial by sending a message, and click the undo option to see how it works. This will give you a better understanding of how it works in case of next time.