Walmart is a well known and reputable multinational retail corporation that provides you with platforms where you can purchase various products. You can get access to Walmart online platform by going to Walmart.com on the web. But you can get an easier access to the Walmart online store and a lot more features by using the Walmart app. The Walmart app brings you a lot closer to Walmart services. It also provides you with easy access to lots of features which can help you with your purchases.
How to download the Walmart app
The Walmart app is a free application and is available for both iOS and Android devices. The Walmart app contains a lot of features which will you can take advantage of, especially if you have a Walmart close by.
It is an easy app to use and it helps you save money and time. So if you want to download the Walmart app to your Android or iOS device, go to your device’s native app store to grab a copy.
You should note that if you want to get the best out of the Walmart App, you must have an account with Walmart.
Features of the Walmart app
The Walmart app includes impressive features which can help you shop smart even when you in a Walmart store. The features include:
- Saving catcher
- Online shopping at Walmart
- Walmart pay
- 1-hour photo
- Weekly advertisement for home store
- Saving showcase
The saving catcher compares the price you paid for an item at Walmart with other competitor’s price for the same item. If the price of other competitor is lower than the price you paid at Walmart, the savings catcher will “catch” it and the difference in price will be awarded to you. The award will be in form of eGift. To use the saving catcher feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Walmart app on your Smartphone and then scan the QR code on your receipt within a week of purchase.
- The saving catcher will compare the price of the eligible item you purchased from Walmart to the prices in the weekly advertisements on other local retail stores.
- If the price on Walmart is higher than the advertised price of another major retail store, the difference will be awarded to you as an eGift.
The saving catcher deals are mostly related to groceries and not to other wide range of categories. You are not guaranteed any savings as it is quite possible none of the items you paid for at Walmart is a higher price compared to other advertised prices.
The pharmacy feature lets you do quite a number of things with your prescription. It helps you save money on your prescription. With the pharmacy feature, you can easily make refills and then use the express lanes for easy pickup. To pick up the prescription, open your Walmart app and tap the “prescription ready for pickup”. Then use your passcode or Touch ID to activate your Smartphone’s camera. Hold the Smartphone over the QR code that is displayed at the register, connecting the app and a Walmart associate will deliver the prescription.
With the pharmacy feature, you can also:
- Browse Walmart’s $4 prescription
- Transfer prescription from another pharmacy
- Locate a Walmart pharmacy near you
The Walmart pay allows you to easily, quickly and securely make payments with your Smartphone in any Walmart store. If you have got a Smartphone (android or iOS) which is capable of having the Walmart app installed on it. Then you will be able to check out at any Walmart checkout lane using your major debit card, pre-paid card, Walmart gift card or credit card.
To use the Walmart pay, you must have a Walmart account, have the Walmart app on your Smartphone and also set up your Walmart pay account. If you want to set up your Walmart pay account, follow these steps:
- Launch the Walmart app on your Smartphone and tap on Walmart pay.
- Sign in to your Walmart account.
- Now, you will be prompted to either select a card currently linked to your account or add a payment method. Adding a new card will require you to enter the card details in the provided field.
- Having added a payment method, it will be required of you to create a security passcode or Touch ID verification.
- And now, you are ready to use Walmart pay.
Having set up your Walmart pay account, you can now use you Walmart pay. To use your Walmart pay at any Walmart store, follow these steps:
- When you are done with the items you want to purchase, scan them in any staffed or self-check-out register.
- The debit reader screen will display a unique QR code.
- Now, open the Walmart app and launch your Walmart pay.
- Verify by using Touch ID or by entering your security passcode.
- Then, hold your Smartphone over the QR code to synchronize with the Walmart pay.
- When the transaction is complete, you will hear a sound signaling that the transaction is complete and you will receive an eReceipt.
The new feature on Walmart app: returning items becomes much easier
There is a new feature on Walmart which will help make the process of returning online purchases easier. Starting this November, you will be able to initiate a purchase return using your Walmart app, before heading to the Walmart store. After initiating the purchase return process, you will then head to the Walmart store and scan a QR code at the mobile express Lane. And then, hand the product or item to the Walmart associate for verification of the product’s content. After the Walmart associate has verified the returned product, your refund process will start and it should be in your account in approximately one day.
Starting December, items like damaged items and selected personal-care products won’t need to be returned to the store. This is because the stores will dispose of them anyways, so will let you keep them and still process your refund.
Walmart says the new return process will be available for in-store purchases by early 2018.
RELATED: Sears Departmental Store for shoes
Walmart app is a pretty impressive and practical to help you save time and money. So, start using the app by first creating a Walmart account. I bet, you will be amazed by its features.