Are you finding it inconvenient to make an extra stop to the pharmacy? Or do you seek for a platform where you can easily order a prescription whilst saving money? If yes, then the Walmart pharmacy is the platform for you. With the Walmart pharmacy, getting your prescriptions are taken care of.
This article will fill you in on how to manage your Walmart pharmacy account and get the best from what it has to offer.
Setting up your online Walmart Pharmacy Account
To set up a Walmart pharmacy account, you will need to have created an account at Walmart. If you do not have an account at Walmart, go to the Walmart website at www.walmart.com to create one.
If you have an account on Walmart and wants to set up your pharmacy account, go to the Walmart website at www.walmart.com to sign into your account.
Sign into your account by clicking the “sign in” button at the top right corner and clicking the “sign in” option. Then enter your login details and click the ‘sign in’. And you will be signed in.
RELATED: Walmart Account Setup
Next, click the “my account” icon at the top right corner and then click the “pharmacy account” option. This will take you to a page where you will be asked to either create a new online pharmacy account or sign in to your online pharmacy account.
If you want to create a new online pharmacy, click the “create a new account” button. In the page you are directed to, enter the required details in the provided fields and then click the “Create Account” button.
To sign into your online pharmacy, click the “sign in” button. A page will be displayed where you will enter your sign in the provided fields and then click “sign in”. Then click the ‘add pharmacy access’ to add pharmacy access.
Then, enter a 4 digit PIN in the provided field and click the ‘continue’ button. Enter the required details in the provided field and click “continue”. Follow subsequent instructions to get signed in.
Having an online access to your pharmacy account allows you to view your prescriptions online, check order status, order refills, view medical expense report and lots more.
Managing your Online Walmart Pharmacy Account
Having created an online pharmacy account, manage your walmart pharmacy account. You can manage your pharmacy account by editing your personal details, payment methods and so on.
For security purposes, you will have to pay a visit to a Walmart store to change your insurance information, name, and date of birth.
You can edit your address and phone number in your online walmart pharmacy personal details page.
RELATED: Walmart Careers Online
Walmart mobile Pharmacy
You can access the Walmart mobile pharmacy through the Walmart apps. The Walmart’s mobile pharmacy helps you to easily organize your prescription medication. With the Walmart mobile pharmacy, you can get access to the wide range of helpful pharmacy services and also save time and money.
With the Walmart app on your Smartphone, you can use the Walmart mobile pharmacy to manage prescriptions, transfer prescriptions, find Walmart pharmacy near you, view order history and so on.
RELATED: Walmart App Features
How to look for a Walmart Store pharmacy near you
There are two ways you can find a Walmart store pharmacy near you:
- Using the store finder: To find the Walmart store pharmacy through the store finder, go to the Walmart website at www.walmart.com and then click the “store finder” at the top right corner. Enter the zip code or address of your location and then hit enter. Walmart stores including pharmacy will then be displayed.
- Using the Walmart app: Download and install the Walmart app on your device. Launch the Walmart app on your device and click “stores” at the bottom. Enter the zip code and address of your location in the search field and let the app search for any available pharmacy stores near you. You can also let the app use your current location on your device to help find the Walmart store pharmacy near you.
How to fill a new Prescription
There are four ways you can fill a new prescription, namely:
- By taking your paper prescription to the Walmart pharmacy near you for further processing.
- By mailing the paper prescription to your home delivery Pharmacy.
- Having your doctor send an e-script to the Walmart pharmacy store near you.
- Having your doctor call the Walmart pharmacy store near you to deliver the prescription.
After filling in for a new prescription, you will then be able to refill the prescription through your online pharmacy.
How to Refill prescriptions
If you want to refill prescription from your account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your online Walmart pharmacy account.
- Click the checkbox next to the prescriptions you want to refill.
- Click “refill now”.
- Follow subsequent instructions to have your prescription held at your preferred Walmart pharmacy.
- Confirm your payment method.
- Click the “place order”.
Picking up your Prescription at a different Store
When you order a refill through your online pharmacy, you have the liberty to pick up your prescription from a different Walmart pharmacy. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to your online Walmart pharmacy account.
- Choose the prescription you want to refill.
- In the process of checking out, select the new Walmart pickup store and then click the “continue”.
The Walmart pharmacy really saves you time and money as you can always order for a refill of prescription after you have ordered new prescription. So go try it out and thanks us later. I bet you, it is worth the try.