wikiHow is a site founded on January 15, 2005, by Jack Herrick, to help you with accurate up-to-date instructions on how to do anything. It is said to be a collaboration of people focused on teaching you how to do things.
So, if you want to learn about how things are done, or you want to request for an article on how to do anything, in a much easy and pictorial manner, wikiHow will show you how.
A glance at the wikiHow homepage
To get a desktop view of the wikiHow homepage, go to www.wikihow.com on your computer web browser. At the top of the wikiHow homepage is the search field. Where you can enter what you are searching for and search for anything.
There is the “HELP US”, “EXPLORE”, “LOG IN” and “MESSAGES” at the top right corner of the homepage. Placing your cursor on them will bring out more option to choose from. There is also a small window, at the right, on the homepage, with the “login” and “join” links.
READ ALSO: How to create a Google Plus Page
As you scroll down the homepage, you will see the “browse categories” section at the right side The rest of the homepage contains samples of articles on how to do things.
Download the wikiHow app
If you want to download the wikiHow app on your device, go to your device’s app store to get a copy, for free.
How to sign up to wikiHow
You can sign up to wikiHow with your Facebook, Google account, Civic or your email account. To sign up to wikiHow, follow these steps:
- On your web browser, go to www.wikihow.com. or click here.
- Place your cursor on the “Log in” and click the “create an account” link. Or you could just select how you want to sign up, from the small window at the right hand of the homepage.
- Clicking the “create an account” will take you to a page, where you will select how you want to sign up to wikiHow.
- If you want to sign up to wikiHow with your Facebook or Google, click your preferred option and you will be required to enter your login details for the selected option in the provided fields. Follow the subsequent instruction and you will be signed up to wikiHow.
- To sign up with “civic”, click the “civic” button and follow subsequent instructions.
- If you want to sign up with email, you will be required to type a username, password, email address and security words in the provided fields. Then click the “create account”. Follow the subsequent instruction and you will be signed up.
READ ALSO: Skype App | Review and Download
How to log in to your wikiHow account
To log in to your wikiHow account, follow these steps:
- On your web browser, go to www.wikihow.com.
- Select your preferred method of login into your wikiHow account, from the small window at the right side of the homepage.
- Whatever method you select, enter the required login details in the provided fields and get signed in.
Searching for how to do anything
To search for anything on wikiHow, go to wikiHow home page at www.wikihow.com and type what you are searching for, on the search field. Then, hit enter.
You can also search for anything by using the “browse categories” section on the homepage. Clicking any of the categories will take you to a page containing related articles to the selected category.
How to write articles on wikiHow
You can write an article on wikiHow by either login into your wikiHow account or write as a guest. It is advisable to log in to your wikiHow account before writing an article because you will get a better experience and with ad-free. It is always advisable to check out for any similar articles to ensure that the one you write is an upgrade or different from the ones already available on wikiHow.
To write an article on wikiHow, click the “HELP US” at the top of the homepage or your wikiHow account and then click the “write an article”.
On the “I know what to write about” section, enter the title of your article in the provided field and then click the “get started” button.
Now, a pop up window which displays related or similar titles of the article to yours might surface. If any of the displayed articles happen to be similar to the name of your article, you could click it to edit and improve on the article. But, if none is exactly the same as your article title, then you can click “none of these are exactly the same as….” Click the “write my article” button.
At first, you will write your introduction to the article and then continue to write your article in steps.
You can add warnings and tips to your article by entering them in the provided fields. When you are done with your writing, click the “publish” button.
Note: since the wikiHow is a collaborative writing project, any wikiHow user can edit and improve on your submitted article.
Requesting for a new article
To request for an article, click the “HELP US” at the top of the wikiHow homepage or the “HELP US” at the top your wikiHow account page, and select “request a new article”. Enter the title of the requested article, its category and enter the security word in the provided fields. Then, click the “submit” button.
How to answer a request for a new article
Users request for new articles and some other volunteering users answers to those requests. If you want to answer to request for articles, follow these steps:
- Open the wikiHow site and click the “HELP US” at the top of the homepage or the “HELP US” at the top of your wikiHow account page.
- Click “Answer a request”.
- Find a requested topic to write about, by searching. using the search box or by picking a category on the “pick a category” section.
- When you have found the topic to write about, click the “write” next to it.
- Some similar article topics might just surface. If the article you want to write about is the same as any of the listed topics. Click it to add and improve on the article.
- If your article’s title is not exactly same as any of the listed topics. Click the “none of these are exactly the same as…”.
- Then click the “write my article” button.
- Write the introduction and the rest of your article in the provided fields, appropriately.
- When you are done, click the “Publish”.