Xfinity Wifi offers hotspot services at no additional charge to all Xfinity mobile customers, as well as Xfinity internet users who subscribe to packages that include speeds of 25Mbps or higher. You can stay fully connected at your favorite spots or place and enjoy fast internet along with the many millions of people already subscribed to it. To do this, all you need to do is use your wifi enabled device and connect to the Xfinity wifi network and launch your browser to it. Also, you can access the hotspot be it your PC or Mobile phones as long as it is wifi enabled. This article is firmly going to talk about the availability, connection process, and duration, sign in and securing Xfinity wifi.
How to Connect Xfinity wifi | www.xfinity.com
connecting Xfinity wifi is pretty easy, it just seems a little tricky to connect sometimes. To connect Xfinity wifi hotspot automatically and get the best experience out of it, simply install the security profile on your Device.
To Sign In manually at Xfinity Wifi
Follow the steps below to manually sign in to a hotspot.
- Using your wifi enabled device, connect to the Xfinity wifi network. The network name is Xfinity wifi and then launch your browser.
- The browser will redirect you to the Xfinity wifi sign in page. If it’s difficult for you to see the sign in page, enter the URL www.infinity.com in your browser to be redirected to the sign in the page.
- Now sign in using your username and password. You can use your primary or secondary account to sign in.
As earlier stated, under how to connect Xfinity wifi. The Xfinity with security profile would enable you to take advantage of enhanced security features at many hotspot locations which if not earlier installed after signing in and registering your device, you may be prompt to install it.
Availability of Xfinity Wifi Hotspot
To find a Xfinity wifi hotspot, check the hotspot location map online at wifi.xfinity.com or download the Xfinity wifi hotspot app form that app store on iTunes or on the google play store for android phones. To find or check the hotspot location map online at wifi.xfinity.com go y the following.
- Visit wifi.XFINITY.com, click on the find a hotspot tab near the top of the page.
- Enter an address, city, state to find a nearby hotspot.
- You can also look for Xfinity wifi in the list of available networks on your wifi enabled devices as you travel around town. You can connect to Xfinity wifi from any wifi enabled devices such as on your personal computer or mobile phones and ipads.
App Download Links
After the download from iTunes or on the google play store, you will find the following.
- Details of the hotspot.
- Xfinity with a sign in page where you will input your email username, password, and the device name.
- Features like secure connection, auto connect, turn on wifi automatically and improved the look and feel.
- Then you are ready to start by finding hotspot through map and list.
- You would then click on the closest or preferred hotspot.
- You can as well go to Xfinity wifi settings to check data, findings, accounts and manage connections.
Connection Duration on Xfinity wifi
If your device is connected to Xfinity wifi for a long time without usage, it will be automatically disconnected. Your device will be registered for automatic sign in as long as you have successfully signed in using a wifi enabled device and you would definitely not be required to provide your Xfinity username and password to connect to the Xfinity wifi network using the same device.
Automatic Sign In
Automatic sign in is a feature that identifies devices that have successfully signed in to the Xfinity wifi service previously and allows these devices to connect to the network in the future without the need to sign in as long as the account remains active and appropriate. Sequentially your device will automatically authenticate and connect to secure Xfinity wifi if you are using the Xfinity wifi hotspot app or if you have installed the security profile on your device.
To effectively use Xfinity wifi and automatic sign in on multiple devices, you will have to sign in on each device to register them individually.
Secure Xfinity Wifi
Secure Xfinity wifi hotspots are available at main outdoor locations and small business with additional locations always being added to the network. Manual connection to the secure Xfinity SSID is also supported.
Also, you can complete a one-time configuration of your device to add a secure profile. Once you load the secure profile into your device, it will automatically authenticate and connect to the secure SSID.
You can get more info on Xfinity wifi from the following links.
Must Read Articles
- AdBlock – AdBlock services for phones and computers
- icloud – apple storage service
- yandex-mail – features and account setup registration
- 4shared – file sharing and storage | 4shared app download